“Through These Doors. 1916-1972” :  100th Anniversary Edition

“Through These Doors, 1916-1972” was published in 1972 through the efforts of many dedicated people and businesses of the community who supported the Washington Mother’s Club in order to provide a memorial book as a record of the history of the Old Washington School built in 1916.  The reprinting of “Through These Doors. 1916-1972” was a project of the Society for the 100th Anniversary of the Old Washington School and coordinated by Cherie Allen with the assistance of Terri Goike.  The funding was made possible by the generous support of the following businesses and individuals:  William John Bentz;   Pat Blonde and Jim Boldt;  R. J. Brainard;  Jane Crawford;  Shirley Crawford;  Jim and Jean Holcomb;  Carolyn Nickerson;  Tom and Anita Simpson;  Christine Krawczyk;  Edward Jones Financial Advisor;  D&B Auto Sales LLC;  EMS Plumbing and Heating;  Friends of the Octagon House;  Friends of the Ray Township Library and Historical Society;  Heidebreicht Chevrolet;  Israel B. Richardson Civil War Roundtable;  JAM’RS Frozen Custard and Ice Cream;  Pat and Jan Donovon;  Rocks ’n’ Roots  Landscape and Pond Supplies; Romeo Family Restaurant;  Lyons-Gasss Family;   Ron and Betty Gordon;  Romeo Ford Inc;  Stoney Creek Bike;  The Record Newspaper;  Thomas Stenvig;  Frank Plati  Washington Barber Shop;  Washington Elevator;  Roth Muir Funeral Home;  Bob and Cherie Allen.

The support of the Romeo Community Schools Board of Education and the Washington Township Administration is gratefully acknowledged.

Copyright © 2016 Greater Washington Area Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.